IThemes Security Pro (formerly Better WP Security) gives you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site. On average, 30,000 new websites are hacked each day. WordPress sites can be an easy target for attacks because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords, and obsolete software.
Most WordPress admins don’t know they’re vulnerable, but iThemes Security works to lock down WordPress, fix common holes, stop automated attacks, and strengthen user credentials. With advanced features for experienced users, our WordPress security plugin can help harden WordPress.
MAINTAINED AND SUPPORTED BY ITHEMES
iThemes has been building and supporting WordPress tools since 2008 like BackupBuddy, our WordPress backup plugin. With our full range of WordPress plugins, themes, and training, WordPress security is the next step in providing you with everything you need to build the WordPress web.
ITHEMES BRUTE FORCE ATTACK PROTECTION NETWORK
iThemes Security takes brute force attack protection to the next level by banning users who have tried to break into other sites from breaking into yours. The iThemes Brute Force Attack Protection Network will automatically report IP addresses of failed login attempts and will block them for the length of time necessary to protect your site based on the number of sites that have seen a similar attack.
Feature list :
iThemes Security Pro has the following features:
- Brute Force Protection
- File Change Detection
- 404 Detection
- Strong Password Enforcement
- Lock Out Bad Users
- Away Mode
- Hide Login & Admin
- Database Backups
- Email Notifications
- Change WordPress Salts & Keys
- Online File Comparisons
- Google reCAPTCHA Integration
- Two Factor Authentication
- User Security Check
- Password Security
- Malware Scanning
and a lot more…
iTheme Security Pro was created to protect websites from threats that are common to all websites. Security plugins cannot stop every attack. Good practice and due diligence are vital. It makes it much easier to follow these guidelines.
WordPress has been a major force behind over 35 percent of all websites that are active today and has been a frequent attack for hackers and fraudsters.
iThemes Security Pro can help protect your website’s security. It can fix common problems that you may not even be aware of.
Its added level of protection provides security that keeps hackers from your website. This lets you concentrate on what is important – growing your website and increasing its revenue.
Here are the pros and cons of making use of this plugin. iThemes Security plugin.
- It comes with a free and premium version.
- Works with multisite and network installations.
- Monitoring files and scanning for malware
- Affordable prices
- Simple dashboard interface
- There are a myriad of security options and settings
- It can cause damage to your site. It is possible with every security plugin, based on a variety of factors as well as the modifications that the plugins create. It’s therefore a good idea to create a complete backup before making any major changes with the iThemes.
- It’s not always in sync with some internet hosting services. Certain shared hosting providers with low RAM or VPS have issues using this plugin. These issues are especially evident when you use advanced features such as the detection of file changes and prefix change.